National Manufacturing Co., Inc. is a leading supplier of deep and shallow draw metal forming services supplying a broad variety of critical service components to sophisticated customers worldwide. Continued growth has created more opportunities for talented individuals to join our team. We are currently seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineer.
Major Requirements & Responsibilities:
Improving manufacturing processes, quality and productivity by working with a cross functional team of operators, Supervisors, Maintenance, Material Control and Management. Activities will include: Process optimization, setup improvements & improving maintenance procedures, and capital expenditures to upgrade or implementing new processes.
· All phases of assigned engineering project(s) to ensure successful project completion
· Develop, evaluate, document and improve manufacturing methods and processes through LEAN techniques and Kaizen events.
· Conceive, investigate, evaluate and make recommendations for new equipment, tooling, processes, improved utilization of existing equipment, facilities and manufacturing techniques.
· Write Capital Expenditure Requests, equipment performance specifications, action plans, project reports, work instructions, test procedures and other documentation to support factory operations.
· Provide cost analysis, process flow diagrams, site layouts and technical briefs.
· Manages and/or participants in Health, Safety, Environmental, Production, Material Control, 6 Sigma and R&D project teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree required in a field, 1-3 years of business-to-business with manufacturing (metal working) preferred environment knowledge and experience
· Strong analytical skills – able to conceptualize trends, participate in a dynamic environment, and develop solutions
· Excellent communication,interpersonal interaction and strong listening skills
· Ability to initiate, monitor and manage multiple projects
Additional Preferred Requirements:
· Knowledge of pick and place units, robots and vision system and programming languages.
· Knowledge of CNC's lathes and tooling.
· Knowledge of 6 Sigma DMAIC and Lean techniques.
· Management of breakdowns, process problems, maintenance repairs and capital projects.
· Knowledge of PLC ladder logic, MMI's servos, AC variable speed drives, motors, couplings, pneumatics, hydraulics, solenoid valves, index tables and conveyor systems.
· Experienced in setting up complex excel spread sheets and technical presentations.
· Ability to analyze cost data and calculate savings.
· Highly developed mechanical aptitude.
· Capital project management and equipment installation.
· AutoCAD, (Solid Works), Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate employees as well as have strong organizational skills.
· Ability to solve problems quickly in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and an opportunity for growth.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume to via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website: www.natlmfg.com