Get new similar jobs by email for
Mechanical Designer/Drafter for a Marine Exhaust Company located in Fort Lauderdale
Ideal candidate must have practical work experience designing and detailing drawings in 3D, and an in-depth knowledge of Piping/Plumbing and Mathematics with a strong background in engineering. Advanced computer skills and work experience using engineering software such as Inventor (preferred), SolidWorks, SolidEdge, etc. is required with proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel strongly preferred.
Candidate should proficiently demonstrate the following:
· Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Provide technical assistance to the shop floor as required to resolve manufacturing issues and optimize existing processes.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Quality Management - Meets productivity standards through hands on in-progress quality control procedures. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Compensation based upon experience.
Salary + Full benefits including 401k and life insurance