WEK Industries, Inc., a leading manufacturer of blow molded products with operations in Ohio and North Carolina, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. The candidate must be a self-starter and a team player as this position requires lots of active participation, collaboration with the entire production team. Strong interpersonal relationship, communication, computer, and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly competitive and team-oriented environment are essential.
- Involved in New Model development activities, including but not limited to quoting and prototype production.
- Participates in support of current production.
- Plant floor troubleshooting.
- New work cell layouts/redesigns.
- Conduct operator time observations/operator balance.
- Drive overall continuous improvements.
- New Model Project coordinator.
- New Model quoting support.
- Provide engineering support for customer concerns (HTR’s).
- New equipment justification.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- B.S. degree in Engineering preferred
- Five years minimum experience in Manufacturing engineering role.
- Safety and Security - Observes all safety and security procedures, Wears all Personal Protective Equipment as required, Reports potentially unsafe conditions to Supervisor immediately, and uses equipment and materials properly
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors his or her own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Completes work in a timely manner, strives to increase productivity
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, Takes responsibility for his or her own actions, Available for overtime as needed
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Computer Skills - Proficient with common software such as Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes and able to navigate Catia software
- Work Environment - Exposed to moving parts that are shielded when in manufacturing environments, office is temperature controlled
- Other - Any other abilities as assigned by manager
- Other Qualifications Required - As assigned by direct manager