Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer (Project Coordinator) responsible for the design of innovative production lines for STIHL’s U.S. based manufacturing group which supply’s 50% of the products sold globally!
- Recognized leader - Rated #1 in their industry
- Growth - Recently finished a state- of- the- art mega expansion (1 Million + Sq. Ft.).
CHECK IT OUT VIRTUAL PLANT TOUR
- Stability – Located in Virginia Beach since the early 70’s, this organization has NEVER had a layoff! CHECK IT OUT VIRGINIA BEACH AREA!
- Awesome products – What is cooler than engineering and manufacturing outdoor power equipment?
- Growth – Due to the team’s high level of expertise the group is expanding the team due to a promotion.
- Visibility – Liaison to STIHL’s R&D, Manufacturing and Leadership team at all times.
- Challenge – Lead and coordinate the design for all manufacturing aspects related to new product introductions and product lifecycle, starting with conceptual production line development, to production start up, product improvement implementation, to product phase out.
- Investment – STIHL is dedicated to investing in ground-breaking technology/equipment to improve cost reductions and quality.
- The individual will be responsible for manufacturing aspects of new product introductions and product lifecycle, starting with conceptual production line development, to production start up, product improvement implementation, to product phase out.
- The individual will be responsible for strategic planning and budgeting input for short, mid and long-term capital projects as well as coordination and support of international teams.
- Project Coordination and continuous improvement project work in the areas of productivity improvements, lean manufacturing, labor reduction, cost savings and new manufacturing technologies.
- The individual will conduct manufacturing/industrial engineering assignments to develop new methods, tooling and machine concepts, cost estimates, and/or to resolve engineering problems involved in manufacturing of standard parts or products.
- Plans production lines, equipment layout and workflow, estimates routing times and labor requirements.
- Develops proposals for automation, mechanization, methods, special tooling, machine attachments, etc., for the purpose of cost reduction.
- 4 year college degree is required, preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of related launch engineering experience is required.
- Experience working in a high volume manufacturing environment is required (OEM experience highly preferred).
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills.
Industry experience in the following: SAP, Six Sigma Black Belt, Plant Layout, Cost Savings, Value Stream, Product Lifecycle Management, Lean Manufacturing, German language skills would be beneficial.
Are you ready to join a company with competitive compensation,
extensive relocation assistance and superb benefits?
Power up your Career with STIHL!
To apply, visit www.stihlcareers.com
EOE / Drug Free Workplace