Get new similar jobs by email for
Shipper/Receiver - Medical Dev...
Shipper/Receiver responsible for storing, maintaining, handling, issuing, receiving and shipping materials in support of the company’s operations. Specific activities may include, but will not be limited to, packaging and distribution of final products to end customers, picking, packaging and distribution of inter-site materials for production builds, handling and storing of incoming materials and customer returned products, performing cycle counts, and performing transactions on the company’s ERP system.
- Picks, packs, ships, and receives all inventory and non-inventory materials per company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Completes all documentation and labeling to properly identify shipments and receipts, and processes transactions in the company’s ERP system in a timely manner.
- Receives all inventory and non-inventory materials per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures all materials are segregated and stored in appropriate locations and that all documentation is forwarded to appropriate function (e.g. Accounting, Quality).
- Maintains good housekeeping of work area.
- Issues all materials according to FIFO and internal procedures.
- Transacts all inventory moves in and out of perpetual accounts to maintain inventory accuracy in company’s ERP system.
- Participates in the execution of cycle counts as necessary for all inventory materials and assists in the accurate & timely reporting of all counts in accordance with company’s
Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews all materials for expiration dates to determine obsolescence and assists in the proper disposition, handling or disposal of all expired or obsolete materials in accordance with company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains reorder point systems as appropriate and communicates to planning and manufacturing on material availability.
- Maintains backorder status and reports as required in conjunction with site buyer/planners.
- Ensures quality compliance within function, assisting in the closure of all deviations, corrective actions, audit findings, etc. as required.
- Works from written specifications, work instructions, and operating procedures.
- Cooperates with other departments to ensure a smooth flow of work in process
- HS diploma and previous experience in the medical device industry.
- Previous experience shipping medical devices/instrumentation required.
- Experience working in a regulated industry under ISO/FDA controls.
- Experience shipping domestically & internationally with FedEx and UPS desired.
- Must be able to operate hand truck & pallet jack, and must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Experience with RMA processing is a plus.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to independently in a fast-paced environment.
1st Shift: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM (any overtime would be worked prior to 9:30 AM start time).