To maximize the efficiency of the warm forging presses and improve the warm forging process while minimizing quality defects.
- Make process and machine improvements to maximize press efficiency
- Create or modify job procedures to improve operator effectiveness and efficiency
- Enforce operating procedures to ensure the highest quality yielded from the press
- Assist in the installation of new warm forging equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues on the warm forging presses
- Help perform preventative maintenance on warm forging equipment
- Assist Process Engineers developing new product; requiring covering all shifts and weekends as needed by production and engineering
- Assist Engineering in making design changes that will maximize part efficiency and reduce quality defects at the press
- Help make design changes to improve die life and improve the efficiency of the press
- Help implement the lean and 5s objective of the company
- Analyze tooling failures
- Read mechanical prints
- Properly maintain mechanical warm forging presses and how to properly maintain them
- Analyze microstructure, grain flow, and hardness results.
Requires general mechanical engineering fundamentals.
This position offers PE development and advancement opportunity.