Global Manufacturing Engineering Project Manager-Injection Molding
This position can work Remotely
This company has been recognized as the world leader in the manufacturing of Electronic Components for over eighty years. Company offers a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package, as well as a dynamic and professional work environment. They also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, professional development courses, and advancement opportunities
This is an opportunity for a highly capable and results oriented Manufacturing Engineering professional with strong technical and project management capabilities. The individual will be a key player in the implementation of critical manufacturing process improvement projects across our global manufacturing sites and multiple product lines.
Reporting to the V.P. & Chief Manufacturing Engineer, this position will closely work with global COE (Center Of Excellence) members to plan, execute, and control the implementation of new manufacturing process improvement projects across all manufacturing sites. This responsibility will be global in nature
1. As the project manager and team member for Injection Molding Manufacturing process COEs, you will drive and follow through all COE projects for successful execution to schedule and targeted results. 2. Manage project capital expenditures to stay within budget and ensure that the cost performance metrics of net throughput, material consumption, and labor content are realized.
3. Develop project communication plan, lead regular project reviews with engineering communities, business units, and management as needed. Be able to effectively report project progress, and manage and influence stakeholder expectations.
4. Lead and develop effective project plans including the core areas of project integration, timing, costs, risk management, communications, project quality, human resources, procurement planning, and scope.
5. Effectively create, monitor, and control risk management plans.
6. Technical leadership and problem solving: create and maintain a technical team environment where decision points are quickly identified, reviewed, analyzed, and decisions made while building teamwork and commitment to the project while maintaining the project schedule.
7. Economic analysis: conduct as needed analyses in support of project control, alternatives evaluation, variance analysis, cost calculations, etc.
8. Resource management: effectively lead project teams and allocate resources as needed.
1. BS in Engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Must be able to effectively work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
4. Detail oriented with strong follow through capability
5. Strong aptitude for problem solving
6. 5+ year engineering and project management experience in electronic component manufacturing
7. Knowledge and experience in one to several of the following manufacturing processes will be a plus: Molding, Stamping, Assembly Automation, Plating, Wire & Cable Manufacturing, Compounding, Beam, Optical Cable & Connector Assembly
8. Able to work effectively under pressure
9. Proficient English language capability
10.Project Management Professional certification a plus
11.This position will require significant international travel (up to 50%)
Key words: manufacturing engineering, process, injection mold, global, project manager, corporate, center of excellence, coe