Are you interested in working for an international company involved in some of the most epic tunneling projects in the world? The Robbins Company is a leader in the design and manufacture of custom-built tunnel boring machines (TBMs), continuous conveyor systems, and other supporting equipment. Machines designed and built by Robbins bore the Channel Tunnel bridging the U.K. and France, subway tunnels below Manhattan, and Mexico City's longest wastewater tunnel.
We have a job opportunity for a InternationalManufacturing Specialist at our Solon, OH facility.This is a senior level International Manufacturing Specialist position, with emphasis on working with our foreign vendors, particularly in China. This position is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes, creating manufacturing routings, general manufacturing support, and the maximization of the utilization of their manufacturing capabilities. This position works with our supplier base to ensure they understand our requirements, evaluates their capabilities to ensure that they can meet our requirements, and supports our Procurement Dept. Cost estimating for all of the above is done to support the Sales group.
1. Identify work to be done using specific tools, fixturing, machinery, materials and techniques.
2. Ensure product and process quality is maintained employing visual inspection, testing and auditing.
3. Audit vendor performance in regards to quality and capability-related issues. Create trip reports updating status of affairs.
4. Assist in the selection of casting, forging, heat treat, material, machining and welding vendors.
5. Create manufacturing routings for Production Control.
6. Thoroughly document all processing steps necessary pertaining to the manufacturing of an item in compliance to the detail drawing, as well as the schedule and cost constraints.
7. Develop cost and completion estimates and schedules. Solicit vendor quotations. Create cost estimates for an entire TBM to support Sales.
8. Apply continuous process improvement techniques in order to improve quality, reduce production lead times and reduce costs.
9. Provide support in solving production problems, as well as pursuing operations improvements.
Qualifications: (education, experience, certifications)
· 15+ years of experience in a job shop environment
· 3+ years of experience with Robbins preferred
· Thoroughly familiar with different machining processes and machine capabilities.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
The Robbins Company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical/dental/life insurances, 401k, vacation, Wellness Program, educational assistance, and more. Please include salary requirements with resume.
To learn more about our unique company, please visit our website www.therobbinscompany.com or see us on YouTube for stories about our latest projects: http://youtube.com/user/TheRobbinsCo/ .