Position: Reliability Engineer
Company is seeking a Reliability Engineer to join the development team in northern California to be responsible for all aspects of product reliability. This work includes assessing component and module reliability and developing their predictive reliability models. The successful candidate will work with the product and process development engineers to develop FMEAs, will work with our suppliers to understand our component reliability, and work with the qualification testing lab to develop the qualification test plans. The reliability engineer will also be responsible for failure analysis on qualification and development testing failures, and drive root cause / corrective actions to resolve these failure modes.
- Determine qualification test plans, evaluations, and data analysis
- Develop product FIT, MTTF, and TT1% failure projections.
- Understand component reliability evaluations, assessments, and predictions .
- Develop Design and Process FMEAs for Optical Cable products.
- Represent company reliability assessment and plans to customers
- Degree in EE, Physics, Material Science or related field
- 7 plus years experience in successful development of reliability testing methodologies
- Extensive experience in device physics of active components such as VCSELs
- Excellent knowledge of statistical analysis and reliability models.
- Expertise in minitab and Weibull analysis.
- Should also have good understanding of design and process parameters that affect optical performance
- Broad background in material properties and optical assembly techniques (Epoxies and solders) .
- The candidate must show initiative and be able to work under limited supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.