Get new similar jobs by email for
Marketing Manager, Sam's Club
Title: Marketing Manager
Position Type: Full Time, Salaried
Location: Bentonville, AR
Reports To: Director of Marketing
The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the creation and development of seasonal and evergreen online content experiences that support corporate and category marketing initiatives on SamsClub.com . The Marketing Manager needs to balance scope, timing, risks and quality while driving a positive environment. Effective project management skills are required as this person will be running complex, multi-phased online experiences. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive project goals, make proactive suggestions and effectively coordinate programs with Sam’s Club, cross-functional teams and the Director of Marketing is paramount.
- Create and deliver tools that enable the team to positively impact advertiser sales.
- Collaborate with Sales and Sam’s Club on appropriate supplier investment with online marketing.
- Track upcoming campaign progress and the ability to report information to internal teams and Sam’s Club.
- Send Sales Team upcoming campaign plans and insights that educate advertisers.
- Lead cross functional support teams to ensure experiences reach program objectives.
- Ability to write thorough creative briefs and provide to client prior to initiating projects.
- Identify new ways to support member needs across SamsClub.com.
- Management of Marketing Team’s seasonal and evergreen content forecast.
- Update Seasonal/Center calendar for use with sales and client.
- Review and approve internal project deliverables such as comps, content strategies, content plans, beta links and wireframes
- Effectively report and present updates to the Sales Team.
- Evaluates media plans for seasonal and evergreen experiences to ensure it meets program objectives.
- Partner with site merchandising and marketing so online campaigns are aligned with merchant objectives.
- Manage overall project tracking for content centers and seasonal sites.
- Develop internal and external communication strategy for new campaigns.
- Provide historical YOY campaign metrics for annual content/editorial strategy.
- Execute content and license agreements for Advertiser content.
- Hold quarterly business reviews with sales reporting performance and insight for content centers.
- Examine site experiences for accuracy and quality assurance.
- Partner with Site Designers, Ad Operations, and Analytics teams to maximize internal and external SEO.
- Utilize site insights and analytics to make recommendations to Sam’s Club to improve content.
- Facilitate regular site reviews to garner Sam’s Club feedback for improvements.
- Leverage the internal cross-functional teams to deliver results that support Member needs on SamsClub.com.
- Work closely with Sam’s Club Marketing and Merchant on projects from start to finish.
- Follow through post-campaign to present metrics and recommendations going forward.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Understands client management, client service and production cycles
- Ability to create program plans with Sam’s Club
- Ability to drive resolution of programs from cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead meetings, when necessary, at Sam’s Club
- Manages program pieces in a team environment to ensure live date
- Understands site metrics and how to use data to make program adjustments
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Deep understanding of business environment: demonstrates good decisions making skills, escalates issues and seeks resolution.
- Has the willingness to contribute to overall team success by participating in projects that enhance the company
- Open to feedback, enjoys working with multi-functional teams
- Manages time accurately and efficiently
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Organized and able to handle competing priorities
- Seeks manager input on decisions but prepares by having a solution in mind
- 4 years minimum experience of related experience, managing projects preferably online, ranging from small to large scale
- Advertising or marketing background a plus
- B.A./B.S. in a related field preferred