Job Description and Duties:
The main areas of responsibility for the Marketing Manager are price, product, and profitability, along with technical support to the VP of Sales for promotion and place (sales distribution).
Oversees all 5 marketing segments within HTI; Aftermarket Parts, Aftermarket Shop Service, Aftermarket Field Service, Aftermarket Replacement Units, and New Application Units/ Product Development. Employees include Parts Fulfillment Specialists, Application Engineers, Field Service Technicians, and New Product Development Engineers.
Grow the 6 main markets (Nuclear Power Generation, Fossil Power Generation, Solar Power Generation, SynGas Power Gen & Processing, Specialty Chemical Processing, Geothermal Power Generation), and expand into new market areas.
- Overall responsibility for recruiting, leading, training and mentoring the 5 marketing segment employees to develop employees and achieve sales and marketing goals.
- Oversees and champions the marketing continuous improvement efforts to reduce cost, increase speed / delivery, increase customer value, and raise departmental efficiency, which include, but are not limited to: tool development, process improvement, and value engineering.
- Overall responsibility to gather, process, analyze and communicate information, trends and strategies on customers, markets, products, and competitors in specified markets into market reports and business plans.
- Responsible for overall development, execution, and communication of global marketing programs, strategic initiatives, business objectives and product line activities.
- Visits OEMs, EPCs, spec developers, government agencies, end users, tradeshows and conferences to obtain customer specific information on products, applications, trends, and expectations. Travel with the Sales Force to reinforce plan objectives, and maximize value to the customer.
- Identify product development and service opportunities to be implemented throughout the company. Justify and propose investment in equipment and labor to successfully bring the new opportunity to market, coordinate strategies and action plans to accomplish agreed upon goals, and track projects to completion.
- Determine applicability of existing Hayward Tyler Group products into new market areas. Identify new requirements of existing products and services, and work with Design Engineering and manufacturing to develop the products and services needed.
- Identify, coordinate communication with, and justify potential acquisitions and strategic alliances to accelerate sales growth.
- Oversees customer quotations, and establish and maintain communications between Marketing/Application Engineering and other department personnel as well as customer and suppliers.
- Oversees that customer’s expectations are clearly defined with regard to performance, value added, communications & reporting, major milestones, critical path items, schedule of deliverables, T&Cs, and payment schedules.
- Oversees and participates in tradeshows exhibited by HTI. Assist in creating displays, graphics, and literature. Expected to write technical articles for publishing in magazines, and present papers at conferences.
- Other related duties as required
10-15 years work experience in marketing at a manufacturing site (Rotating equipment and/or Power Markets preferred), which should include 5-7 years of Sales or Marketing management and strategic planning Proven success to develop market studies and developing markets Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications Ability to work with outside ad agencies Expected travel is 20-30% yearly Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills Detail oriented, proactive, organized, analytical and highly motivated
- BS in Engineering or equivalent job experience; MBA preferred
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. If you meet our requirements and are interested in an exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and salary requirements to:
Hayward Tyler, Inc
480 Roosevelt Highway - PO Box 680
Colchester, VT 05446
Attn: Stephanie Fregeau
Equal Opportunity Employer