Get new similar jobs by email for
The successful candidate has demonstrated a strong ability to analyze market opportunities, select target segments, develop market, product and sales strategies, plan marketing tactics, and drive the implementation of marketing efforts. Success is measured by long term bookings growth in chosen segments, geographic regions, and with select target customers. Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value propositions based on product and company capabilities via Sales and Marketing presentations, customer contacts, and in training situations.
1. Work closely with area sales management, sales people, and Global Product Management to define specific applications where we can win orders immediately or in the fiscal year. Support testing and trials of products at strategic accounts, leveraging divisional support as needed.
2. Assist in the development and communication of goals and metrics for Sales Management to ensure continuous understanding of our position, strategies, and targets within a specific industry.
3. Improve sales effectiveness in the industry through sharing of knowledge and success stories, developing effective sales tools, and enhancing communications across project and account teams. Drive participation in industry training and the use of SPi sales tools.
4. Develop and maintain an understanding of the competition’s offerings on a strategic, technical, and commercial basis – for the purpose of better positioning our offering in sales pursuits.
5. Participate in Marcom activities such as print advertising, permission marketing, and trade shows in area of responsibility.
Identify Strategic Growth Opportunities
6. Work closely with area sales management, sales people, and Global Product Management to define strategic growth opportunities (SGO) to drive long term growth in new applications or industries.
7. Gather sufficient market and technical information to determine the market opportunity and return on investment for pursuing the identified SGO. Develop a marketing product specification for the identified SGO.
8. Assist in determining and market research requirements/strategies, including competitive analysis.
Education / Experience / Language skills required:
B.S. degree in Engineering or related field required. MBA highly desired.
Five+ years minimum industry experience in Business Development, Technical Marketing or Technical Sales.
Estimated travel: 20-40%