USF Fabrication, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of fabricated metal products used primarily in the water, waste water, and underground utility markets. We are currently seeking a Materials Manager for our South Florida facility.
We need a dynamic materials manager that will drive operational excellence, ensure supplier quality and lead a strong materials team. The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years experience working in a manufacturing facility.
· Optimize all materials management activities including scheduling, inside sales, estimating, inventory control, and materials management.
· Responsible for the implementation, support and compliance of the Materials and SIOP standard work playbook processes and systems
· Facilitate the fulfillment process from production planning to material procurement and warehousing, through product shipment
· Build teamwork and facilitate interaction with Sourcing, Engineering, Accounting, Marketing and Quality Assurance in support of the business's strategic goals
· Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of a Lean Six Sigma manufacturing environment
· Develop and implement a professional development program for customer service team members
· Performs functions to plan, coordinate and supervise activities to process customer orders, direct inside sales and maintain effective customer relations.
· Supervise order-processing activities to ensure that customer orders will be filled accurately and in a timely manner.
· Supervise estimators and inside sales representatives and is responsible for keeping us competitive and achieving required margins.
· Implement procedures and provide guidance to ensure customer inquiries and complaints are handled and processed in accordance with company objectives.
· Develops and implements operating systems and procedures for the department
· Ensures that product prices are maintained on a current basis in the computer system.
· Provides problem resolution and trouble shooting to Customers over the phone
· Researches complex problems obtaining necessary information from policies, procedures, practices and discusses them with the appropriate personnel to come to a resolution favorable for the Company and the Customer.
· Determines best method to resolve problems ensuring Customer satisfaction and adherence to Company policies.
· Provides guidance, training and instructions to customer service technicians, estimators and schedulers.
· Must have thorough knowledge of company products and excellent communication skills.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor's degree in business or engineering discipline (MBA desirable).
· APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) a plus
· A minimum of 10 years experience in the integrated functions of materials management in a
· Strong leadership skills with at least 5 years of leadership experience focusing on standardizing planning
· Passionate about problem-solving and improving processes
· Compelling communicator and team advocate
· Must have experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes
· Experience with visual management systems
· Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with USF Fabrication, Inc. Progress begins with you.
We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
USF Fabrication, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.