Get new similar jobs by email for
Mechanical Engineer - Entry Le...
SV Microwave has an exciting opportunity for a driven, hardworking entry level Mechanical Engineer.
As a Mechanical Engineer at SV Microwave you will:
- Evaluate new product customer requirements to initiate and model advanced designs using SolidWorks.
- Meet mechanical requirements and optimize electrical performance with electromagnetic simulation and analytical methods.
- Regularly communicate with internal customers (Sales, Quality, Manufacturing) and external customers to clearly define current project objectives and provide weekly updates.
- Develop manufacturable designs of components, assemblies, and tooling using proper CAD modeling techniques and mechanical tolerance analysis.
- Perform heat transfer and predicted stress analysis using classical engineering methods and simulation tools.
- Work cooperatively with on site manufacturing organization and other departments to meet production requirements and cost reduction goals through design for manufacturability, process and design improvements, and assembly fixture design.
- Participate in and oversee the assembly and testing of engineering prototype designs.
- Troubleshoot and root cause design and component failures and field returns using both experimental and analytical methods.
- Assist Quality Assurance in the development of production test methods and quality inspection parameters throughout the company.
- Interface with suppliers to analyze and recommend new advances in technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree a plus. Excellent analytical skills. Working knowledge of SolidWorks, CAD and engineering simulation tools. Knowledge of CNC turning machine capabilities and processes and working knowledge of CST and HFSS electrical simulation tools a plus.
SV Microwave, Inc., a division of Amphenol Corporation (NYSE: APH), designs and manufactures RF connectors, cable assemblies, attenuators and terminations. SV is the best in the world at engineered solutions to customer problems. SV Microwave has a long history of proven special custom designs of RF/microwave connectors, cable assemblies and passive components designed for both military and commercial applications. Our products are used in the defense, satellite, aerospace and telecommunication industries where performance, reliability and durability matter. We have received the Navy's highest award given to a civilian company for the quality of the products that were supplied to the Integrated Warfare Systems.
Complete benefit package includes medical, dental, life insurance and a 401(k) company matched contribution. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and Drug-Free.
For consideration, please send your resume to Jobs@svmicro.com
For more information visit our website: www.svmicrowave.com