Get new similar jobs by email for
LAN/WAN Engineer needed --- Location: Raytheon Company, Aurora, CO
I am working with Raytheon Company and the manager is looking for a LAN/ WAN Engineer (IIS6742). You will work for GeoLogics Corporation at the Raytheon office in Aurora, CO. The position will extend through December, 2014, with possible extension. You must be a US Citizen to apply
• The SR LAN/WAN Technologist I or II will support Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Common Ground System (CGS), a state-of-the-art ground station for the next generation of low earth orbiting environmental satellites.
• The successful applicant will install, program, troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, and repair Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) hardware and software including routers, switches, firewall and peripherals.
• When required the LAN/WAN Technologist II will perform the role as project manager, planning and supervising the installation and testing new or upgraded systems.
• Incumbent will validate, update and document equipment configurations.
• 4+ years of experience configuring and troubleshooting routing/switching networks from Cisco
• Practical understanding of DMVPN
• Three or more years supporting Windows/Linux host/SAN based network environments
• Have an understanding of data / circuit flow
• Experience utilizing Network Test Equipment
• After hours on call support and overtime work required
• Be willing to travel approximately 20% to off-site locations for maintenance work on short notice
• Ability to satisfy requirements for a DoD Secret security clearance (clearable)
Desired Experience (not required):
• Professional certifications - CCIE, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, etc.
• Possess in-depth understanding of networking fundamentals, the ISO 7 layer model, and TCP/IP
• NetMRI experience
• Exinda experience
• Have an understanding of video fundamentals.
• Have an understanding of data / clock relationship (DCE-DTE signaling)
• Understanding of the Optical Carrier Levels
• Knowledge of command and control, ground status basics
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to email@example.com and I will call back with more information.
GeoLogics is a 21 year old growing technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com