Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
Bethel Park, PA 15102
Years of Experience
1+ to 2 Years
About the Job
Job Purpose: Helps patients and physicians by providing clinical assistance in a physician practice setting.
Busy practice is searching for a qualified Medical Assistant who has experience in a physician practice. This position is responsible for patient care as well as assisting the physicians during the visit. Experience with Electronic Health Records is essential in addition to good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team. We offer a positive work environment and an opportunity to learn and be part of an innovative forward-thinking team.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Duties: * Welcomes patients by greeting them.
* Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
* Enters data into the electronic health record during the visit.
* Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; removing sutures; changing dressings.
* Educates patients by providing instructions; answering questions.