Education Affiliates provides educational programs that deliver real-life career skills in high demand occupations that lead to employment upon graduation and a lifetime of personal growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a faculty member, fulfills all the functions and responsibilities of teaching the assigned course load as directed by the DOE/Dean.
- Demonstrates excellent teaching qualities and sets a positive example for other instructors regarding appropriate dress, class preparation, punctuality, student assessment and a student-centered approach to classroom instruction.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for students, instructional staff and advisory committees regarding academic curriculum.
- Provides leadership in developing, evaluating and maintaining curricula and programs that respond to community needs, prepare students for success, and meet the requirements of the regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategies that support student enrollment, retention, externship/internship/clinical programs and program completion.
- In the capacity of a qualified instructor, visits the externship sites and review the students’ performance, and conduct meetings with students.
- Monitors attendance, SAP and other program data to take necessary corrective action to ensure successful graduation and retention outcomes.
- Develops schedule of classes in a timely fashion and in consultation with the DOE/Dean that is responsive to student needs and educational efficiencies.
- Oversees textbook review and selection process at the department level, update textbook inventory, and submit textbook orders for approval by the DOE/Dean and ultimately the campus director.
- Coordinates with the DOE/Dean to conduct classroom observations, faculty evaluations, performance reviews, conferences, in-services and professional development sessions.
- Assists the DOE/Dean in the hiring, training, development and supervision of faculty and substitutes to cover classes as needed.
- Assists the Dean/DOE in providing product knowledge training to the admissions personnel from time to time and prior to the implementation of new or updated program(s).
- Works with faculty to provide mentoring for new full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Organizes and conducts new employee orientations regarding program procedures, instructional issues and Faculty Fast Track Training.
- Works with faculty to support course consistency in accordance with approved course syllabi and lesson plans.
- Conducts weekly meetings with the faculty in his/her department to identify at-risk students, review policies and procedures, and resolve faculty and student issues.
- Ensures faculty support the attainment of department and institutional goals as laid out in the Institutional Effectiveness Plan.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, software and supplies in the laboratory and classroom and monitor the cleanliness of the labs/classrooms.
- Monitors classroom and student safety and immediately report safety concerns to the DOE/Dean and Campus Director.
- Participates in student activities, such as serving as a club advisor, if asked.
- Is aware of the school catalog, faculty handbook and student handbook and understands all the procedures and expectations stated within it, as well as policies stated therein.
- Ensures that student surveys are completed at the end of each course and mailed to Datamark in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that faculty members in the department submit final grades to the Registrar by established deadline.
- Selects and engages in advisory board activities at least twice a year with coordinated effort of Career Services and the DOE/Dean.
- Assists Career Services in working with students prior to and after graduation in securing positions related to their area of training.
- Develops and maintains industry contacts for instructional and employment purposes.
- Keeps abreast of industry changes through participation in industry events and regular involvement in professional organizations.
- Organizes and implements programming designed to help graduates transition from school to employment.
- Adheres to and supports school policies and procedures as referenced in the employee handbook, faculty handbook and catalog.
- Attends student orientation and graduation ceremonies.
To Apply Visit Education Affiliates, Inc.
- Documented expertise in academic subject area as demonstrated by data sheets, diplomas, transcripts, certifications and/or résumés.
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills.
- Ability to provide effective direction and leadership and work effectively and collaboratively with others.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience.
- Prior postsecondary related teaching experience of at least 2 years.
- Associate/Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in the discipline.
- Appropriate licenses and/or certifications depending upon discipline as per accreditation and state licensing standards.