Get new similar jobs by email for
Medical Billing / Collections ...
Job Title: Medical Biller/Collections Specialist
The medical biller position will have experience in skilled nursing home billing and collection. The candidate must have experience in Medicare, Medi-Cal, HMO, Managed Care and Private billing.
Must have experience in Skilled Nursing Home Billing!
· Ideal candidate will have great attention to detail and time management skills.
· Minimum of 5 years of medical billing & collections experience
· Required proficiency in MS Office software, including proficiency in Excel and data entry programs.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen.
· Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have a high moral standard of honesty and integrity.
Provides a variety of billing duties including but not limited to the following:
· Ensures all accounts (Medicare, HMO, Medi-Cal and private accounts) are billed and collected within company deadlines.
· Experience with dealing with claim appeal processes (denials)
· Monitors all outstanding accounts to ensure collection within expected deadlines
· Performs secondary billing process
· Comfortable with calling private accounts in regards to delinquent accounts to ensure payment is collected
· Review all EOBs and Remittance Advices to identify errors or questionable data. Research and resolve any variances
· Daily posting of cash receipts (EOBs/Remittance Advice and private payments) to patient accounts
· Research and resolve unapplied/unidentified cash receipts
· Reconciles payments and shortages for both paper and electronic EOB’s
· Prepare and process accurate month-end closing within set deadlines
· Ability to meet individual and team goals with minimal errors as assigned by the Billing Manager
· Verify primary or secondary insurance
· Uphold Medicare, Medi-Cal and HIPPA compliance guidelines in relation to billing and collections