Medical Insurance Pre-verification Specialist
A specialized genetic testing company, headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, is seeking to hire a full-time Medical Insurance Verification and Authorization Specialist. We want a dedicated person who is able to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.The candidate would ideally have experience with insurance benefits and verification, as well as pre-authorization for services.
This position requires a self-motivated, enthusiastic and friendly individual with great organizational skills that can work well with deadlines and with others. We are ongoing learners, interested in improving solutions for our clients, and have no time for slackers or drama majors. Computer skills will include Word and Excel.
Candidates must be able to work with a team, have great communication skills, be able to organize and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision, yet be able to follow directions well when given, and welcome and adapt to changes in a rapidly growing company.
- Requires 2+ years of practical experience in a medical setting, preferable in insurance verification
- Knowledge of CPT coding and standard billing guidelines
- Must understand Medical Insurance benefits
- History working with Medicare/Medicaid and commercial insurance companies
- Own up to and learn from mistakes. Contribute ideas and participate in solutions/discussions.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and the ability to multi-task