Broad comprehension of Medical Billing; Proficiency in Bookkeeping, Microsoft EXCEL and WORD; Data Entry & Billing; Assists in supporting physician staff by representing physicians; screening telephone calls; scheduling patient appointments; patient history and correspondence; maintaining office files and patient records and helping to coordinate physician schedules and office space. EHR & EMR knowledge a plus.
- Ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have ability to multitask and problem solve. Medical Billing experience and secretarial & bookkeeping experience of 2 years preferred. Ability to type letters and faxes.
- Proficiency in Medical Billing Software; Understanding of Medicare in NY and NJ preferred.
- Assist with Light bookkeeping, and use of EXCEL Spreadsheets.
- Assist with daily data entry, weekly & monthly billing of both patients & insurance companies, help with follow up with both insurances and patients, and aid in collecting past due balances.
- Must have excellent communication skills to relate to patients and their families, both by phone and in person.
- Represents physicians by communicating with the public, screening incoming telephone calls, explaining billing policies, assist in taking detailed messages, and making sure that ALL messages are relayed to the doctors throughout the day
- Assist in scheduling and confirming patient appointments, while coordinating the various doctors' schedules
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by willingness to seek out and learn new tasks within the office.
Office Experience - Light Bookkeeping, Multitasker, Pleasant and Sensitive Telephone Skills and Verbal Communication, Business Knowledge, Organization, Problem Solving, Time Management, Customer Service, PC Proficiency, Knowledge of EXCEL & WORD.