Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 17 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.℠
Medicare Sales Representative, Community Plan - New York (P)
You want to do work that really matters. We want to bring more health resources and better solutions to the most vulnerable and least served members in our communities. This sounds like the perfect match. In this role you can work with state and federal government agencies, physicians and other providers, to bring greater care to more than 3 million people. Make a difference in the lives of those in your own community and a career with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan will allow you to do just that!
Travel throughout an assigned territory and work directly with community based organizations, providers, and other sources to obtain referrals. Manage your travel and territory efficiently to produce maximum results. Meet with eligible participants with the goal of enrollment and presenting product information. Some sales leads are company provided. However, you will generate many of your own leads. Your performance will be rewarded!
- 3+ years previous outside sales and territory management experience
- Contacts or active within the community (i.e. Providers, community based organizations, etc)
- Reliable, insured transportation and a valid drivers license in NY
- A license to sell insurance in the state of New York
- Experience selling Medicare Advantage or Dual -Eligible products highly required
- Strong and successful background in selling Medicaid products is preferred
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Strong proficiency with computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Sales acumen in generating leads and closing on sales.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with the senior population
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.