Our client, a major global retailer headquartered in the Southeast, has an immediate career opportunity for a Merchandise Manager or a Merchandise Director. Title will be dependent on experience level. This position is an add to staff, due to the explosive GROWTH that our client is experiencing!
The incumbent will function as a general business manager for a strategic business unit and will have responsibility for meeting overall sales and profit objectives.
This individual drives growth by effectively managing many aspects of the current business as well as focusing on deeper market penetration. Works closely with VP of Merchandising and sales partners to maximize sales to key accounts. Has ability to fill in and perform key tasks of the VP of Merchandising role as needed.
- Partner with the VP of Merchandising to evolve brand vision
- Create and develop the merchandise mix to support and define the brand
- Drive achievement of margin and revenue goals based on financial plans
- Participate in strategy development with Marketing, Design, Sourcing and Sales Planning partners
- Maintain awareness of competition relative to product value relationship and customer profitability
- Provide leadership and management of cross functional division team and direct leadership of Product Management team
- Key liaison with Retail focusing on product, pricing, and promotional strategies
- Presents line to key accounts in proactive sales role
- Budget responsibility of $1-$2 million
- Travel as necessary – key account selling and market knowledge
Experience & Skills
- 3+ years experience in a senior retail buying or planning position, followed by a few years at the Merchandise Manager or Director level. Ideal candidates will have up to 7 - 10 years of merchandising experience.
- Experience developing a line structure is critical
- Strong knowledge of retail metrics in order to effectively analyze programs
- Merchandising experience and strong sales orientation
- Excellent communication and management skills; must possess ability to persuade, influence and build consensus among all parties
- Well developed presentation skills needed to present to senior level executives and key accounts
- Sense of style and high taste level – ability to translate to core product marketing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Contact: /Al Hauser, Management Recruiters, 908-541-9223, email@example.com