Join the Marine Credit Union Enterprise!
MCU is growing its mortgage lending market and we are looking for dynamic & energetic individuals to apply for a mortgage loan consultant position! CLS, a national Mortgage Banking company and division of Marine Credit Union Enterprise, provides mortgage products and services to financial institutions throughout the USA, helping them to provide mortgage services to their customers effectively. With expertise in the real estate lending field supported by over 80 years in Credit Union and Mortgage Banking, we deliver results for our clients. CLS is currently seeking a dynamic sales professional to hire as a Mortgage Loan Consultant in the Des Moines, IA area.
If you have the drive to thrive and value a high level of customer service, we’d like to speak with you! This position provides the following compensation structure.
- Excellent Base Salary + Commission + Retention Bonuses
- Potential Sign On Bonus
- Income guarantees for proven performers
The Residential Mortgage Consultant will be responsible for originating mortgage loans that are referred in by other banks and credit unions. Primary mortgage programs will be conventional fixed rate, FHA, Rural Development, VA and internal mortgage programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Originates mortgages referred to them by banks and credit unions that are partners with Consumer Loan Services.
· Responsible for maintaining relationships with banks and credit unions for the purpose to drive more mortgage referrals from them.
· Provide training on sales skills and mortgage products offered by CLS.
· Upon receiving a mortgage application from the referring partner, proceed to call the customer in a timely manner to ensure exceptional customer service.
· Determine eligibility of the borrower to the mortgage programs that we currently offer.
Provide exceptional customer service
Maintain working knowledge of an array of products and services
Abide by all applicable Consumer Loan Services policies and procedures
Abide by all applicable rules and regulations
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
2. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with quotas and goals
3. Ability to work both independently and as a team player
4. Master knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC underwriting guidelines.
5. Master knowledge of FHA and VA underwriting guidelines.
6. Master knowledge in RESPA and TILA.
7. Experienced with DU and LP automated underwriting systems.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in Mortgage Loan Origination. FHA, VA, Rural Development a plus.
Education: High School Graduate, College Degree – Preferred (not required)
We offer our employees an excellent Benefits Program, including:
Dental and Healthcare coverage with competitive biweekly premiums
No cost Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance coverage
Free Group Term Life insurance coverage
Optional Life insurance coverage
Voluntary Vision insurance
401k with company match
Patient Advocacy Program
Employee Assistance Program for staff and their families
Paid Holiday and Paid Time Off Programs