MySQL, Data Architect
Company is a high energy, rapidly growing technology and services provider that is changing the way companies conduct business. Leading through innovation, Company has earned the distinction of becoming one of the fastest growing companies listed on NASDAQ. And the company is just getting started.
Company is aggressively investing in state of the art software technologies that have the ability to significantly transform the industries in which we operate.
Company is looking for top candidates who are passionate about creating great software that delivers significant market value. This is the opportunity to work among some of the industry’s top names working on some of the most challenging technical problems.
- The primary responsibility of the Data Architect will be to own the design and deployment of multi-tenant MySQL database schemas that are part of the next generation products at Company. The following would be required as part of the role
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and maintain logical and physical data models and data structures associated with relational and non-relational databases.
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop optimized SQL and other data access routines.
- Develop tools and procedures required to propagate schema and master data changes from development to production.
- Write and maintain database related documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years hands-on data architecture and design experience in a MySQL environment.
- Proven database design and engineering experience in large high-volume, high availability mission critical production applications.
- Very good understanding of the MYSQL Architecture and associated technologies like MySQL Replication, MySQL Clusters, InnoDB and MyISAM Storage Engines.
- Experience working with developers in writing and optimizing SQL queries as part of the development process.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship database performance tuning and capacity planning in MySQL based environments. (Query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning)
- Deep knowledge of MySQL in a Linux environment.
- Experience working in a Java based development environment a plus.
Experience working with multi-tenant databases a plus.