Fast growing Information Technology and Management Services Company with city, state and federal clients is seeking an Intermediate Network Administrator to work with our government client in the Austin/Killeen/Fort Hood area.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills; must have outstanding time management & organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited direction in an environment where priorities can change rapidly; and must demonstrate attention to detail with the ability to be thorough and complete.
REQUIREMENTS/ Minimum Qualifications:
Minimum Requirements: 3-5 years Network Administration experience, degree or equivalent certification.
Knowledgeable of industry-standard principles, concepts, and methodologies specific to Network Administration including systems automation and analysis and information management acquired through a pertinent baccalaureate program or its equivalent in experience, training, industry certification or independent study. The following are minimum requirements:
- Expert knowledge performing network administration duties as defined by industry certification curriculums such as CompTIA Network +, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- Expert knowledge configuring and managing medium-large LANs and WLANs.
- Expert knowledge configuring and managing Cisco routers and switches.
- Expert knowledge configuring and managing IDS and network security systems.
- Expert knowledge of industry standards including: data communications standards, Local Area Networks (LANs), Wireless local area networks (WLANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), Campus Area Networks (CANs), Internet (www) protocols and working technologies, networking terminology, and networking protocols.
- Experience designing LAN and WLAN architecture.
- Experience managing network hardware and software upgrades and installations.
Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
* Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
* Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
* Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
* Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
* Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
* Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
* Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
- Perform network administration functions on hardware that contains routes, transmits or switches confidential business files
- Maintain and audit system logs, including, but not limited to: system, security, and performance logs and resolve irregularities.
- Maintain system logs, including, but not limited to: system, security, performance.
- Audit system logs, including, but not limited to: system, security and performance logs
- Document problems, error codes or messages and resolution in a format that would allow query capabilities.
- Install and configure new hardware and software.
- Configure network security.
- Document hardware, software, security and firmware configuration.
- Perform system performance tuning.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- Upgrade hardware and software.
- Add, remove, or update user account information including password resets.
- Apply updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Provide technical and configuration recommendations verbally and in writing.
- Perform technical research as required in performance of system administration duties.
- Configure and manage network security stack and firewall(s).
- Perform network performance tuning.
- Perform network security and vulnerability scanning.
- Open trouble tickets with the centralized Help Desk as problems are identified within three hours during normal duty hours
- Install and maintain layer one media, which may include cable termination, and media routing.