Growing I.T. Consulting firm servicing the Philadelphia area is seeking a self starting network engineer to help support our customers in this area. This is a great opportunity for a hard working, motivated, energetic, problem solving person who wants to grow with our company.
Our Company provides outsourced IT services for small to medium sized businesses in the Philadelphia metro area. We install and maintain Microsoft Windows Networks, Servers, Software, Workstations, Cloud Solutions, Routers, Firewalls, Custom Software and anything else related to running a business well using technology.
This position will involve working out of our Media, PA office, our client’s offices as well as your home. Some travel locally to various businesses will be required. An MCSE is preferred but not necessary. Professional attitude, appearance and customer service are important as well as technical problem solving abilities.
Salary will be commensurate with ability, experience level, etc... I am willing to consider various experience levels if you are the right person. Write me a letter and tell me why you are the person I'm looking for.
Maintains computing environment by providing offsite and some onsite hardware and software system support; identifying system improvements; upgrading, installing, and configuring systems; monitoring system performance.
* Review and operate our Network Support Monitoring Console
* Identify system problems and resolve them remotely or on site or by assigning another staff member
* Identify system improvements by evaluating system performance.
* Research Solutions
* Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps.
* Upgrades system performance by tuning and configuring the system.
* Improves system by conferring with vendors and services; testing, evaluating, and installing new software.
* Maintains system performance by defining development tools and procedures.
* Protects system information by preparing and testing disaster recovery procedures.
* Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications:Network Maintenance, Networking Standards, Network Performance Tuning, System Administration, Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Analyzing Information, Network Troubleshooting, Customer Focus, Technical Documentation, Quality Focus - Windows Servers and Workstation, Exchange, Office etc. Any programming ability or experience would be a plus and can substitute for some of the others.