Get new similar jobs by email for
We are an eCommerce, web development, hosting, and network Support Company located in CT. We are seeking to add a highly motivated Systems Administrator/ Network Technician to our current team. We offer a casual work environment and competitive benefits.
Job responsibilities include:
· Ensure the stable operation of windows based servers, networks, and workstations.
· Diagnose and resolve end-user hardware and software computer problems in a timely fashion.
· Regular network maintenance and monitoring including backups, error logs, and resource utilization.
· Active Directory and Group Policy management.
· Software and hardware upgrades on servers and workstations.
· Remote technical support for off-site users.
· IIS 6/7 administration.
· Firewall Management.
· Network Security.
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
Required Experience: (4 years minimum in the following areas.)
· Windows 2003 - 2008 Server administration and troubleshooting.
· Windows XP – Windows 7 administration and troubleshooting.
· Office 2003 - 2010 troubleshooting.
· Knowledge of networking and routing troubleshooting.
· Exchange 2003 - 2010 administration and troubleshooting.
· Malware / Virus prevention and cleanup.
· IPSEC VPN setup and administration.
· Network VLAN Configuration.
· IIS Administration / Web hosting administration/ troubleshooting.
· Some Knowledge of SQL server2005 - 2008 and MySQL administration/ troubleshooting.
· Min 2years Experience in a Helpdesk/Consulting Position or 5 years’ experience in an Enterprise environment
· Must be a motivated self-starter.
· Must be able to handle several projects at one time.
· Must be able to accept and execute verbal, multi-step instructions.
· Must be capable of completing tasks with minimal supervision.
· Must be a quick learner capable of picking up responsibility for 3rd party applications and services with no previous experience.
· Must be a good problem solver capable of troubleshooting hardware and software problems logically and efficiently.
· Must be capable of efficiently using internet resources to diagnose and correct various problems.
· Must report to work as scheduled and be willing to work after hours as needed.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be willing to travel to client sites as needed.
· Must have excellent communication and people skills.
· Must be able to effectively deal directly with network support clients.
Optional Experience: (Definite Plus)
· Cisco Pix / ASA Administration.
· Cisco VPN Client installation and configuration
· Advanced Knowledge SQL Server 2005 - 2008 and MySQL administration/ troubleshooting.
· Advanced Knowledge IIS Administration / Web hosting administration/ troubleshooting.
· Advanced Knowledge of networking and routing troubleshooting.
· Mobile Device Experience( iOS, Android, Windows Mobile/Phone)
· Linux administration.
· VB scripting / development.
· Microsoft clustering technology.
· Dell Hardware certified/ Experience
· Network+, A+ and Other IT related Certifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume along with salary requirements.
Resumes without Salary requirements may not be considered.