Visiting Nurse Association of Boston
Position Title: Rehabilitation Therapist Dept: Operations
Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy
Reports To: Manager of Patient Services Grade: Rehab Scale
Supervise: N/A Job Code: 935, 931, 938,
944, 945, 943
Purpose of Position: The rehabilitation therapist provides therapeutic rehab care to patients and families in their homes. This includes coordinating evaluations, prescribed treatments, referrals to other disciplines and discharge plans for assigned patients.
1. Completes admissions, evaluates, provides treatment, initiates referrals, plans and completes discharges for assigned patients. (30%) E
· Provides introduction, teaching and supervision of Home Health Aides as appropriate.
· Includes patient and family/caretakers in goal setting, treatment process and discharge planning.
2. Schedules patient visits efficiently in relation to patient needs and meets productivity expectations. (20%) E
3. Initiates, maintains and documents effective communication with other care providers, district office personnel, and supervisory staff. (25%) E
· Complies with agency policies and district procedures for clinical and administrative documentation.
4. Participates in formal and informal case conferences and consultation. (15%) E
5. Follows district and agency procedures for obtaining and maintaining durable medical equipment and therapy supplies. (5%)
6. Practices excellent customer service skills in accordance with agency standards.
7. Performs other duties as assigned and complies with all policies and procedures of the Agency and other regulators. (5%)
· Attends departmental and committee meetings.
· Participates in activities that enhance self-competence and the agency’s performance
Educational/Professional Requirements: Licensure as Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist/Speech Language Pathologist required. One year of clinical experience and must have a current Massachusetts driver’s license and a reliable, insured vehicle to drive area staff. Sufficient communication skills to perform safe patient care and related duties and, good physical strength to transfer patients and to carry treatment related equipment and supplies as appropriate. Sufficient perceptual and cognitive abilities to perform all aspects of the job.
1. Standing; 2. Walking; 3. Sitting; 4. Lifting (0-100lbs); 5. Carrying; 6. Pushing; 7. Pulling;
8. Climbing; 9. Balancing; 10. Stooping; 11. Kneeling; 12. Crouching; 14. Reaching; 15. Handling; 16. Fingering; 17. Feeling; 18. Talking; 19. Hearing; 20. Taste/Smell; 21. Near acuity; Far acuity;
23. Depth Perception; 25. Color vision; 26. Field of vision; 27. Coordination of eye / hand / foot controls.
(Department Head) (Date)
(Vice President) (Date)
(Director of Human Resources) (Date)