Supports Plant operations by serving as the training coordinator for a broad spectrum of Plant Wide training and development initiatives. Assist in development and maintaining a sound training program. Under medium level of supervision from the Manager, the HR Training Specialist works independently as a professional in the functional area of Training within the Human Resources Department. The HR Training Specialist is also a resource to the HR Manager, providing administrative support, research, alternatives, and recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedule training classes / programs / events.
· Coordinate Length of Service Awards, Reward and Recognition Events, and other Employee Activities.
· Ensure training of supervisors and completion on the qualification matrices, are updated along with supervisors.
· Track and coordinate training plans/sessions for employees.Review performance reviews for training needs (identified from manager/supervisor) and ensure training is complete.
· Coordinate and conduct orientation training – new hire and EHS.
· Determine frequency, tracking method, and coodination of initial training and refresher training (operation specific, LO/TO, Safety, Environmental, Quality, anti-harassment, etc.)
· Train and support supervisors on OJT process.
· Coordinate OJT with supervisors and trainers (scheduling, tracking, effectiveness, etc.)
· Assist with ensuring training programs are in place and trainers identified (shop math, machining etc.) as indicated for OJT.
· Track OJT requirements for operators and apprentice programs, if in place.
· Develop and maintain training identification for production employees.
· Audit training effectiveness and develop plans to continually improve effectiveness.
· Maintain and report out to Management the progress of the training program.
· Ensure forms, documents, and programs are compliant to TS16959 and ISO requirements. Participate in audits with external and internal auditors.
· Schedule retraining for operators as necessary or required and ensure employees are kept abreast of training requirements.
· Ensure all forms are updated and accurate with current production and non-production requirements, and all forms are updated in document control.
· Maintain corporate training database.
· Ensure temp evaluations are complete and tracked.
· Communication of changes in tools and trainings.
· Foster good practice exchange with sister plants and BU cross-functions.
· Serve as a member of the H & S Committee and work with appropriate UAW represenatives to meet training needs.
· Other Duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree in organizational development or equivalent experience in HR OD.
· One to two years working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce reports/correspondence, track statistics, and create presentation materials.
· Requires strong interpersonal skills and must be team focused.
· Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively, work effectively under pressure meet time deadlines, analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry out decisions made and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to maintain confidential information and treat appropriately.
Physical requirement of the position:
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools; or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the associate is exposed to normal office atmosphere as well as the manufacturing floor.