Use Your Analytic Skills to Research and
Develop Online Content for an Industry Leader
Thomas Industrial Network (www.ThomasNet.com) is a leading destination for buyers and sellers in the industrial marketplace, with an editorial database that offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date content to source industrial products and services available on the web.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in web content to join our collaborative Editorial Team. You will work on a variety of projects to ensure the quality of our proprietary database of over 650,000 industrial suppliers, which is used by engineers and procurement professionals to source products.
Projects include the following:
1. Research and analyze industrial websites to determine appropriate content for inclusion in ThomasNet.com, including creating company profiles.
2. Engage in internet research to identify new data elements to add to company profiles.
3. Perform quality control initiatives to validate accuracy of information.
4. Continually evaluate ThomasNet‘s content to ensure supplier’s products and services are accurately represented.
5. Engage in additional research projects (ex: classifying product catalogs; adding links to supplier listings; adding classifications for a current listing).
Requirements for this position include:
• Strong research, analytical/critical thinking skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Excel and Access
• Detail oriented, deadline-driven
• Degree – Note: engineering background a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, with Rx, dental and 401(k). PLEASE NOTE: Position is located at our NYC HQ, directly across the street from Penn Station. If you are a local candidate, please forward your resume along with your SALARY REQUIREMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join ThomasNet.com on FaceBook … Find ThomasNet.com on LinkedIn … Follow ThomasNet.com on Twitter
Keywords: content, directory, editorial database, internet research, taxonomy, classification