Position Details:Job Requirements
Client : Telecom
Job Title : OpenStack Security Developer
Location : Plano, TX
Duration : 12+ months
OpenStack Secure Software Developer
• Secure software development and background
• Mirantis OpenStack components (Keystone, Neutron, Ceilometer, etc.)
• Virtualization (KVM & XEN) & Messaging (RabbitMQ)
• Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL) networking & system administration
• Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django,
• Familiarity with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
• Knowledge of python cryptography libs
• Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
OpenStack is an emerging initiative is focused on working with the OpenStack community to create and secure game changing open source cloud infrastructure. As a key member of the OpenStack Security team, you will be working in a collaborative nimble team of cloud security experts to design and develop solutions based on OpenStack for some of the largest cloud production in the world. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor to OpenStack development security projects, while creating the next generation of private cloud.
• Perform deep development/enhancement of OpenStack components with a focus on security
• Participate in product design activities which may require extensive research and analysis of OpenStack security
• Research security vulnerabilities and submit bug reports to our internal teams or upstream OpenStack projects
• Drives the execution of secure development projects for client
• Maintains and advances secure cloud development expertise and brings technical leadership
• 10+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of security development experience
• Extensive knowledge of cloud security and secure coding practices
• Extensive knowledge for security best practices including: access control, encryption, authentication, and certificates.
• Experience in Juno and/or Kilo OpenStack development
• Very strong in the following scripting technologies: Python and Ruby
• Understanding of opensource and experience working with RDBMS (MySQL), NoSQL (MongoDB), Django, Apache httpd
• Experience working with Messaging Services like RabbitMQ
• Experience in High Availability Architecture and Deployments (Linux HA, Pacemaker, DRBD)
• Agile Development experience
• Knowledge or experience within infrastructure i.e. systems, database, cloud, security, networking, storage, compute
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• You love open source.
• You are the kind of person who doesn't fear large scale and have an innate desire to grow your career by using your technical prowess to achieve success.
• You are a problem solver who knows how to leverage cloud technologies and systems architecture and integrate them like a pro.
• You are a social person who is comfortable extracting technical requirements from business-focused conversations to evangelize Client in the OpenStack community as well as to the internal teams.
• You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and want to actually make a difference with your work
("Openstack Admin" OR “Openstack Security developer” OR "Openstack developer" OR “Cloud Deployment Engineer” OR “Cloud Engineer” OR “Cloud Security Developer” OR “Cloud Openstack Engineer” OR “Devops Engineer” OR "Openstack Engineer" OR "Cloud Openstack Engineer" OR "Cloud Openstack Architect") AND "Openstack" AND “Security” AND (“Juno” OR “Kilo”)