The Operations manager serves as a positive member of the SJMC HIM Management team and is responsible for the day to day operations of the Operations staff and functions assigned by the Director of Health Information Management. This Manager shall be available to assist internal and external customers as necessary and appropriate and will be involved with the daily production processes to ensure that departmental objective and timelines are met. Representation of the department/facility at meetings as requested and appropriate will be expected. This position shall also be jointly involved in systems maintenance, upgrades, implementation and training.
Works closely with the Physician Liaison and others to ensure that physician dictation issues are resolved in a timely manner; works with Medical Staff Office personnel to ensure all physicians information is appropriately entered and maintained in HIM systems (HPF, Nuance, etc.).
Release of Information:
Serves as "Custodian of Records" with applicable responsibilities to include appearing in court as necessary, monitors daily processes to ensure all release of information functions are completed appropriately, accurately and within all mandated timelines.
Monitors daily processes to ensure all tumor registry processes are kept current and reporting guidelines are met, serves as HIM Management representative at cancer/tumor meetings.
Daily coordination and performance of HIM operational processes as necessary and appropriate:
- retrieval of medical record from prior day of service discharged form all inpatient and outpatient service areas;
- coordination of audits and compilation of reports;
- maintenance of files and storage; point of contact for new records to off site storage vendor;
- Statistical reporting (state, federal, corporate);
- Coordination of retrieval or records/placement in audit HPF Queues for review;
- Conducts quality assurance audits on HPF processed images.
- Ensures all department, facility and corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed;
- Ensures confidentiality and security of all medical records;
- Assists with daily DNFB maintenance;
- Assist Director in education of staff on current federal/state statutes/regulations;
- Collaborates with others to coordinate upgrades, installation, and training of staff on new or existing equipment/applications.
- Ensures adequate staffing on all shifts.
Horizon Patient Folder:
Ensures all records are prepped, scanned and indexed via DCS within 24 hours during the week and 36 hours on weekends/holidays. Performs QA function of indexed records. Monitors all work queues daily to ensure even workload distribution and steady processing of each work queue. Utilizes Reports manager for reporting of record completion and production statistics. Utilizes the Index Correction Utility (ICU) daily to upload any errant images to HPF for viewing.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3 to 5 years Health Information Management experience
- Minimum 1 year HIM Management experience, acute care setting preferred
- Thorough knowledge of current Release of Information regulations, HIPAA and HITECH
- Current knowledge of tumor registry and birth registry guidelines preferred
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and general medical record processes in an acute care setting.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited HIM Program preferred
- New graduates may be considered with aforementioned work experience
- Individuals with aforementioned work experience and prior management/leadership experienced may be considered
- McKesson STAR
- Horizon Patient Folder
- Dictation Systems
- Knowledge of regulations governing HIM roles and responsibilities
- Report development
- Customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Ability to work as a part of multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to problem solve
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED