Get new similar jobs by email for
Optics Fabrication / Precision...
Special Optics is a high-tech company that is dedicated to the design, prototyping and manufacturing of high performance precision optical systems for high resolution imaging applications within the Defense & Security, Semiconductor, Medical, Hyperspectral Imaging, Laser Micromachining, Long Range Surveillance, Machine Vision, and UV and IR imaging markets.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to fill our open Optical Polisher position.
· Radii 3mm to infinity on various optical glasses and crystal materials including MgF2, CaF2, ZnSe and Ge
· Capable of surface quality 20-10, Irregularity λ/10, Power 1 fringe
· Able to follow procedures for CNC equipment including generating, edging and polishing
· Use measurement devices including micrometers, calipers and dial indicators to confirm to blueprint specifications
· Ability to multi-task and keen attention to detail
· Possess excellent coordination and spatial skills
· Ability to anticipate problems before they arise
· Five or more years experience with CNC machining preferred
· Knowledge of precision optics manufacturing techniques preferred
· Use of measurement devices including micrometers, calipers and dial indicators
· Associates degree preferred or vocational training in manufacturing, machining or equivalent
· High school diploma with a strong math background and minimum 2 to 4 years experience
Special Optics offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should email, fax, or send resumes to: Fax: 973-366-7407 No phone calls please.
Special Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.