Get new similar jobs by email for
Junior Contract Specialist
We have an immediate opening for a Junior Contract Specialist with the following qualifications:
· In-depth understanding of contracting methods and contract types used in performing pre-award, post-award, and/or contract price/cost analysis functions
· 2 – 6 years of experience as a GS-1102 – Contract Specialist within the Federal Government, or 2 – 6 years of experience as a private sector buyer/contract administrator supporting the DoD or other Federal agencies
· Possession of DAWIA Level I or II certification, or NCMA Certified Professional Contracts Manager certification, National Purchasing Manager Association, Institute of Supply Management, or similar corporate certification
· B.A. /B.S. Degree in a business field
· Assist with developing procurement objectives for the program in terms of competition and price range, and construct the contractual vehicle including use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, set-aside policies, and similar considerations.
· Prepare and maintain current acquisition plans, appropriate milestone charts, and related schedules
· Serve as advisor to program officials in procurement planning meetings.
· Advise program officials of the procurement objectives to be used, and assist in the preparation of statements of work.
· Prepare determinations and findings and solicitation documents.
· Perform detailed analyses of all elements of cost in contractor proposals, and suggest competitive range determinations.
· Prepare all documentation in order for the Contracting Officer to conduct pre-proposal conference(s) with prospective contractor(s) to arrive at a clear understanding of what is required under the proposed contract. Obtain, on behalf of the contracting officer, appropriate data from business and technical officials. As required by the lack of meaningful cost and price information, explore new or innovative contracting approaches to suggest an equitable contract arrangement
· Assist with the development of a negotiation strategy, coordinate strategy with negotiation team, and assist the Contracting Officer in executing the negotiations
Please send updated resume and rate to email@example.com
"UBT is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V"