BROOKE HANCOCK FAMILY RESOURCE NETWORK
JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE
Parents As Teachers (PAT) Parent Educator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants for consideration will have an early childhood background, preferred Associates Degree in related field. Must have High School Diploma.
A Parents as Teachers certified parent educator provides the information, support, and encouragement that parents need to help their child develop optimally during the crucial early years of life. This is done by providing education in the form of personal visits, group meetings, screening, and linkages to a network of resources for parents and children.
PAT Parent Educators will work with small children and families in their homes, at the center, and be available for required training. They must be organized, computer literate, have good communication skills, and have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
1. Successfully complete the Born to Learn Institute Prenatal to Kindergarten and certification as a parent educator.
2. Complete the Follow-up training within 6 months after attending the Born to Learn Institute Prenatal to Kindergarten.
3. Maintain current certification as a parent educator.
1. Provide parent education through regular personal visits implementing the Born to Learn curriculum Prenatal to Kindergarten.
2. Assess family needs and provide developmentally appropriate information, guidance, and support to parents.
3. Support and enhance the work of the existing Parents as Teachers program.
4. Represent the Parents as Teacher program at various community events supporting families and/or young children,
5. Coordinate services with other community programs offering services to parents and their young children.
6. Attend and help organize staff and group meetings.
7. Provide timely and accurate documentation.
Please email resume, cover letter, and three references to:firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also fax or mail your documents.
Deadline to apply:
May 26, 2013