The mission of UNITE HERE HEALTH, a Taft-Hartley labor management trust fund, is to provide health benefits that offer high quality, affordable health care to our participants at better value with better service than is otherwise available in the market. We believe our success depends on innovation and on engaging our participants.
Perform and resolve compliance audits of employer contributions in accordance with approved guidelines and policies to insure that the correct contributions are remitted to the Funds. Compares reported work and contribution history with the collective bargaining agreement, and actual payroll records of covered workers at the contributing employer locations. Assists the Collections Analysts in responding to requests from the Collection Counsel, resolving audit issues, revising audits and obtaining missing information. Special projects as assigned. Twenty-five percent travel required.
· Bachelors degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college strongly preferred. Consideration will be given to individual possessing an Associate’s degree in accounting with two years related experience in accounting; or individual with five or more years related experience in accounting
· Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) & Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
· Strong problem solving,analytical, and decision making skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
· Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Excel & Word
· Understanding of the Taft-Hartley Trust Funds and the Union environment desirable
· Willingness to travel
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete an open posting application via our website.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.uniteherehealth.org.
UNITE HERE HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer