AlixaRx is a national long-term care pharmacy organization that has both Full and Part-Time Closed Door Pharmacy opportunities immediately available. Our mission is to deliver pharmacy services for post-acute care medical settings that Restore Health, Improve Patient Outcomes and Provide Cost-Effective, Accessible Healthcare Solutions.
AlixaRx has a new approach to pharmacy services that incorporates remote automated dispensing technology.
To find out more about AlixaRx and to view a video showing our in-house designed ADU, please visit our website at http://alixarx.com
Our team members must be dynamic, dedicated, patient-oriented, and have a passion for long-term care. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, cutting edge pharmacy team, please read on!
Perform prescription verification duties in a dispensing pharmacy to deliver superior patient care and customer service. Monitor andmanage the prescription process in the pharmacy. Assists in the daily activities of the pharmacy, including the development, oversight,and monitoring of services, in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the General Manager. Responsible for managingthe day-to-day activities in the closed-door long-term care pharmacy. Support an environment that promotes optimal efficiencies, staffretention and superior quality of business office employees.
Essential Job Duties:
* Review prescriptions issued by physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
* Compounds medications, using standard formulas and processes, such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
* Direct other pharmacy employees engaged in mixing, packaging, labeling and change to prescription orders.
* Responsible for the accuracy intake of prescription orders and the efficient fulfillment of orders;
* Dispense medications, support/counsel nursing facility staff on the use of prescription and over-the-counter medications, and advisephysicians about medication therapy.
* Counsel nursing facility staff about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, and stress management, and provide informationon products, such as durable medical equipment or home healthcare supplies.
* Establish and maintain methods and style of storage and record maintaining systems for providing safekeeping of medicines orpharmaceuticals
* Promote open communications between internal and external customers, to enhance cooperative efforts, improve pharmacy serviceand production performance.
* Ownership and accountability for the successful completion of all pharmacy production duties and tasks and achievement ofpharmacy branch goals.
* Support customers after-hours, weekends, and holidays through on-call support process.
* Assist in promoting communication and adequate information flow throughout the pharmacy.
* Assist in the development of quality improvements and prescription order accuracy.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of interaction with physicians, residents and facility administrators regarding prescription and pharmacy consulting issues; responsible and accountable for positive customer relations.
* Assist in staff education on utilization management concepts and activities, pharmacy staff training evaluation and development.
* Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or school of pharmacy
* Long-term care pharmacy experience as a Pharmacist preferred
* License to practice pharmacy is required in the state of the position is required. Must also be willing to obtain licensure for multiple states per request of the General Manager
* Supervisory experience preferred
* Must be able to show proven leadership abilities
* Must be able to communicate effectively
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Behaviors:
* Review and assure regulatory compliance (OSHA, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.). as well as adhere to all Golden Living's ethics,policies and procedures.
* Understands, promotes and complies with rules and regulations governing residents' rights.
* Keeps abreast of current state, federal and company policies, procedures and regulations.
* Adhere to regulatory and company compliance, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (OSHA,DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.). Advise pharmacy staff on changes to any known regulatory changes/updates
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills
* Must have strong oral and written skills
* Must possess strong leadership abilities to coordinate multiple associates and provide direction to accomplish job functions
* Must have strong organizational and communication skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point or other Windows based software programs
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understandand follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Delivering the best possible care for our patients means having the best team. That's why we're committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
* Ongoing education through Golden University
* Leadership training opportunities
* Company-paid trainings and certifications
* Mentoring programs and more
If this matches your goals and passion, please apply for these positions as we want to talk to you. Apply today!
AlixaRx is always seeking skilled professionals who take pride in their work and want to be a part of our innovative team. We’ll reward this dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and much more.
AlixaRx knows that to deliver the best possible patient care, it starts with the best team. That’s why we are committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level by providing:
ð On-going education through GoldenUniversity
ð Company-paid training and certifications
ð Leadership Opportunities
ð Management and Clinical career ladders.
Apply now and let us get to know you!