CompleteRx, a leader in hospital pharmacy management and consulting has an immediate need for a Pharmacy Technician experienced in informatics and pharmacy automation to provide technical support in the implementation and maintenance of pharmacy information systems, databases, and technology at our 164 bed short term acute care facility in Olean, NY. This is one hospital that is part of a two hospital system and the Pharmacy Informatics coordinator is responsible for maintaining formulary in both fully automated pharmacies. As a Pharmacy Technician for CompleteRx you will work with a group of professionals who perpetually work to improve processes that enhance patient care, manage risk, integrate technology and align operations. Ideal candidates for our Pharmacy Informatics positions work with a great sense of urgency, provide exemplary customer service and demonstrate professionalism in all their interactions.
Enjoy skiing, hiking, boating, camping, fishing on your weekends off when you live and work in this beautiful town near the Allegany State Park and the Allegheny National Forest. This newly expanded, modernized, remodeled 164 bed short term acute care hospital that has an average capacity of 100. This is one hospital that is part of a two hospital system and the Pharmacy Informatics Coordinator is responsible for provide technical support in the implementation and maintenance of pharmacy information systems, databases, and technology in both fully automated pharmacies. Enjoy healthy living in a community full of activities.Position Overview:
As a Pharmacy Informatics Coordinator for CompleteRx you will be responsible for design, implementation, training, and ongoing support of all medication use technology-based processes, including but not limited to CPOE, e-MAR, unit-based dispensing cabinets, pharmacy-based packaging, smart pump applications, pharmacy information system database management, and bedside bar coding. The pharmacy informatics coordinator will function as the pharmacy's technical subject matter expert in the use of pharmacy automation as well as lead and coordinate all efforts involved with implementation of new and existing technology equipment, software, and databases. Guided by the CompleteRx Team Covenant we expect our employees to continually provide courteous and professional support throughout all their interactions.
- 3-5 Years of automation management experience, Automated Distribution Cabinets (Pyxis Preferred), Pharmacy Operating Systems (Meditech preferred), database management and report writing.
- Bachelor Degree in Information management, or CPhT with hospital pharmacy preferable.
- Thorough understanding of MS Office particularly Access, Excel and Word Required
- Report and/or Query Development Skills a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of hospital information systems REQUIRED (Meditech preferred) with emphasis on the pharmacy information systems, patient management and statistical reporting modules
- Ensures pharmacy databases are accurate and current
- Ensures connectivity of pharmacy data interfaces
- Provides leadership to troubleshoot many different areas to include but not limited: system interfaces, system hardware failure, and connectivity issues.
- Completes technology projects on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality
- Utilizes data provided through pharmacy systems to actively manage medication inventory dispensed through automated pharmacy dispensing systems as well as data mining software (Rx-Auditor) to monitor potential narcotic diversion.
- Promotes a positive company image and demonstrates professionalism during interactions with internal and external customers.
- Maintains skill sets, credentials, and licensing requirements needed to perform the necessary job functions at a high level.
- Functions as the pharmacy liaison responsible for coordinating pharmacy information system activities with the hospital information department, other hospital departments, vendors and other external customers as needed.
- Prepares and maintains policies and procedures for area of responsibility. To include downtime procedures and disaster plans on all pharmacy related technology and data systems.
- Prepares reports and provides analytic support as required.
- Maintains key performance indicator (KPI) dashboards for areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and maintains training materials for pharmacy technology and data systems.
- Trains staff and users of pharmacy information and dispensing technology systems.
- Provide leadership and act as a subject matter expert for the department and CompleteRx, Ltd.
- Follow and encourage compliance with the CompleteRx, Ltd. Team Covenant to promote a working environment that attracts and retains talented, committed employees.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in Pyxis Automated Dispensing Cabinets and other pharmacy dispensing systems.
- Administers application resources to ensure continuous reliability and integrity of system and associated databases.
- Provides consultative suggestions and recommendations to management for continued enhancement to revenue base through analysis of charges, charge capture and charge master control. Works with hospital revenue cycle team to ensure appropriate J-Codes are being utilized.
- Plan, implement and evaluate technical training and application instruction programs designed to meet user’s needs. Coordinate resources for schedules, tasks assignments and allocations of man hours and equipment to assure compliance with time line and department action plan for new installations or un-installs if needed.
- Monitor effectiveness of system through daily and monthly reports. Establishing and maintaining productivity indicators using data such as quality monitors, stock outs, inventory turns, over rides, narcotic discrepancies. Prepare and analyzes a variety of standard and customized management reports.
- Work closely and cooperatively with hospital IS department, other departments, vendors and other external customers to coordinate all Pharmacy Information System activities for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain and monitor information systems to ensure the department continuously meets or exceeds all applicable regulatory requirements. Constantly pursues knowledge and self-improvement to maintain professional and technical competency of technology.
- Ability to assess, map, implement, and manage current, new, and emerging automation systems to continually enhance efficiency and decrease potential for error, with an intense focus on patient safety.
- Analyzes new functionality in software releases to determine whether or how it should be used, maintains rules and documentation for how new version is released
Compensation & Benefits:
As an employee of CompleteRx, you will be provided continually growth and development while learning the best practices of Pharmacies nationwide. We offer a rewarding and challenging career along with a comprehensive employment and benefit package.
- Competitive Compensation
- Performance Bonus Plan
- License Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans (Including Domestic Partner Coverage)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Founded in 1998 as a service-driven organization with a strong sense of community, CompleteRx embarked on a strategy to become the employer of choice in hospital pharmacy management and consulting. Since our founding we believe our success has been driven by our employees who are our most valuable resources. We believe the very best outcomes are accomplished when all employees share a sense of mutual ownership for successful results and where each employee accepts personal accountability for their individual contributions. These beliefs are the core of our Team Covenant which guides all of our actions to the patients we care for, hospitals we support and fellow employees we work alongside of.
Please apply directly at: