Get new similar jobs by email for
AlixaRx is a national long-term care pharmacy organization that has both Full and Part-Time Closed Door Pharmacy opportunities immediately available. Our mission is to deliver pharmacy services for post-acute care medical settings that Restore Health, Improve Patient Outcomes and Provide Cost-Effective, Accessible Healthcare Solutions. AlixaRx has a new approach to pharmacy services that incorporates remote automated dispensing technology.
To find out more about AlixaRx and to view a video showing our in-house designed ADU, please visit our website at http://alixarx.com
Our team members must be dynamic, dedicated, patient-oriented, and have a passion for long-term care. If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, cutting edge pharmacy team, please read on!
Provide dispensing work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist to deliver superior patient care and customer service. Assist the pharmacist with the day-to-day activities in a closed-door long-term care pharmacy. Support an environment that promotes optima lefficiencies, staff retention and superior quality of business office employees.
DISPENSING - ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Fill daily prescription orders: punch cards, bulk items, OTCs, compounding, cassettes, prepacks, etc.
* Stock and restock medication inventory
* Print daily orders for the pharmacy, and print labels and delivery sheets.
* Process daily shorts and punch card buckets.
* Reorder the bulks and shorts.
* Create and maintain the punch-card calendar and maintain the calendar board.
* Receive any incoming shipment of medication and handle all related paperwork.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
*Communicate with the nursing facilities, prescriber's office and insurance plans by phone or fax to fill orders, answer questions and assure high level customer service satisfaction
*Review and ensure all orders are complete before routing to order entry
*Check and verify all order shorts, refill too soon file, pending orders from previous day and process
*Works closely with Billing Representatives to manage and process pending order claims
*Researches missing deliveries, missing medication orders, incorrect prescriptions and successfully resolve issues
*Report any unresolved issues to appropriate Pharmacy personnel
*Enter profile only information into patient profiles
*Process orders received from electronic or faxed prescriptions and accurately enter order information in pharmacy system
*Accurately calculate quantity of order to send based on requested amount or automated system
*Perform data entry for implementation, reorders, new orders, PRN orders, readmissions and new admissions
*Ensure orders are processed according to pharmacy cutoff times and within expected delivery windows
*Prepares first dose orders including test claiming to insure accurate billing if required
*Verify accurate input of all new orders, profile patients into database
*Processes records of medication and equipment dispensed to resident. Compute charges and enters data in computer
*Promote open communications between internal and external customers, enhance cooperative efforts, and improve pharmacy production performance
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Licensed and/or registered with the State Board of Pharmacy and in good standing
* National CPhT certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, preferred
* At least one year of related experience, preferred
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
* Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam if required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Behaviors:
* Basic computer skills, including fundamental knowledge of Windows based software programs, including but not limited to word processing and spreadsheet applications
* Ability to communicate, perform and comprehend variables within the pharmacy operation
* Capable of providing excellent customer service to all external and internal customers
* Ability to adhere to regulatory and company compliance, Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (OSHA,DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.)
* Keeps abreast of current state, federal and company policies, procedures and regulations
* Ability to accept ownership and accountability for the successful completion all pharmacy production duties and tasks and achievement of pharmacy branch goals
* Understand, promote and comply with rules and regulations governing residents' rights
* Organization skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
* Ability to effectively and harmoniously interact with facility, group, division and company management and other employees at all levels; promotes teamwork and demonstrates strong professionalism
* Ability to work and produce results under pressure
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Delivering the best possible care for our patients means having the best team. That's why we're committed to helping talented professionals like you achieve your professional goals on every level with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
* Leadership training opportunities
* Company-paid trainings and certifications
* Mentoring programs and more
We are always seeking skilled professionals who are ready to take pride in their work and grow their expertise. We'll reward your dedication with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, paid time off and more. Join us and contribute your energy, experience and knowledge to redefining the future of care. Apply today!
AlixaRx is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.