Under direct supervision, assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a medical environment that may include medical oncology and/or radiation oncology. Maintains efficient patient flow, assists with patient care, i.e. exams, procedures and patient education. Performs miscellaneous clinic support tasks including filing, answering phones and maintaining physicians schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with delegated patient education activities including but not limited to distributing education literature, etc.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
11. Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays, scans, etc.
12. Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing, reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
13. Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.