Get new similar jobs by email for
Physical Therapist - Home Care...
Join a dynamic home care team known for providing the most advanced, highest quality patient care. Our unique approach to care delivery makes us a leader in home care and the provider of choice for numerous agencies and individuals. Add that to our recent designation as one of Rhode Island’s healthiest employers and it’s clear Visiting Nurse Home Care is a great place to work!
Physical Therapist – Full Time and Part Time Positions
Eligible for $5,000 Sign On Bonus
The Registered Physical Therapist provides professional rehabilitative care to the patient prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations and accepted standards of practice. The Physical Therapist evaluates level of function, develops the plan of care (revising it as necessary), prepares clinical progress notes, advises and consults with the family/caregivers and works as a part of the interdisciplinary team.
· Knowledgeably and competently delivers physical therapy to patients in their homes
· Evaluates patient needs through ongoing assessment and revises care plans based on changes in patient condition
· Documents and charts appropriately and within specific time frames
· Follows physician orders and physical therapy treatment plans for patients
· Oversees and evaluates care given by Physical Therapy Assistants
· Identifies equipment needs of patient, requesting physician orders for equipment, working with equipment companies in ordering equipment for patient, and educating patient and caregiver on new equipment
· Regularly re-evaluates patients to identify progress towards goal achievement; reviews OASIS answers, coding and sequencing of diagnoses to ensure accuracy; obtains orders and updates Plans of Care as needed throughout the episode of care.
· Participates effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team to assure that patient services are delivered in a timely manner
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Graduate of an accredited physical therapy school
· Licensed to practice as a registered physical therapist in the State of Rhode Island and Massachusetts
· Minimum of 2 years experience as an Physical Therapist
· Home Health experience preferred
· Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
· Reliable transportation to travel to patient homes per patient schedule and agency needs
Knowledgeable of physical therapy practices and procedures based on state practice acts
Benefits may include medical, dental, and life insurance, generous paid time off and holiday pay,403B with company match, competitive salary, and online training. If you are looking for an environment dedicated to quality patient care and an organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we invite you to apply for this position through our Career Center at http://www.VisitingNurseHC.org/ApplyNow .