Get new similar jobs by email for
Practice Management Director
The Director is responsible for the successful oversight and management of the operation of multiple physician practices, provider offices, and the hospitalist program.
This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. This position has supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Five or more years progressively responsible experience in physician practice management, including oversight of multiple physician practices, offices or clinics with ten or more years’ experience working in a healthcare related environment.
2. Experience in Physician contracting, recruiting and compensation.
3. Experience in a hospital system or a complex hospital environment preferable.
4. Experience working with and implementing EMR systems. Preferable NextGen
5. Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration, or other health care related field. Master Degree preferred.
6. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
7. High school diploma or equivalent required.
8. Clean DMV, CA Driver’s License and insurance required.
9. Must be able to be bonded.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Thorough understanding of medical practice management, JCAHO standards, and how private and hospital owned physician practices operate.
2. Demonstrated leadership in a practice management environment with strong financial and reimbursement experience.
3. Knowledge of healthcare finance and budgeting, and a track record of success in implementing and/or overseeing programs of quality improvement, resource management and managed care.
4. Ability to efficiently run a multi-site physician network, with the ability to evaluate existing operations and develop a comprehensive business plan for the practices, which addresses all aspects of the operation (systems, staffing, financial performance, and operations).
5. Significant skill in communicating with and relating to physicians, including the ability to establish a productive and cohesive partnership with physicians. Understanding of the driving forces in the marketplace impacting specialty physicians.
6. Intimate knowledge of the day-to-day operations of a physician practice management. Key areas include improving physician practice productivity, establishing productivity standards, physician billing and collections, managed care contracting, physician relations, scheduling and referral tracking management.
7. Knowledge of legal issues involving a physician-owned practice and hospital employed physicians.
Managed Care Systems, LLC
is an Equal Opportunity Employer &
Drug Free Workplace