Get new similar jobs by email for
|Certified Medical Assistant position in a busy surgery practice. We are an exclusive, high end practice serving patients from across the country and abroad. Candidate should have excellent communication skills and be able to handle confidential information with discretion. This is unlike any other medical practice, and we are looking for a team player with the ability to learn all departments. Hours are 7:00-3:30 or 10:30-7:00.|
Helps patients by providing clinical and business office assistance in surgery office
* Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
* Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
* Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; removing sutures; changing dressings.
* Educates patients by providing medication information and instructions; answering questions.
* Completes records by recording patient examination and treatment.
*Assist in surgical operations. Including, preparing operating rooms, arranging equipment and assisting during surgeries.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
* Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control, Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork
Substantial opportunity for advancement based on skills and performance.