Get new similar jobs by email for
As a Precision Machinist with Elmet Technologies, Inc. you will work in a growing and dynamic environment. Shift assignments include nights (2nd and 3rd shift) Monday through Friday schedule.
Job Function: Sets up and operates equipment required to produce and maintain tools, fixtures and parts in accordance with specifications.
Equipment: Material removing, forming, fabricating, treating, cleaning and inspecting equipment. Examples include conventional and/or computerized numerical controlled lathes, millers, grinders, EDMs, saws, presses, etc.
Hand Tools: Conventional machine shop tools. Examples include micrometers, verniers, gages, files, wrenches, etc.
Supplies: Various metals and non-metal material stock, lubricants, cleaners, cutting, grinding and forming tools and required safety equipment.
1. Obtain material, supplies and specifications necessary to meet job requirements.
2. Verify that starting materials and supplies are dimensionally correct.
3. Set up and operate equipment in conformance with specifications with little to no supervision.
4. Perform in-process inspection of his/her work using applicable measuring devices and completing required documents.
5. Complete necessary production reports.
6. Deliver completed products to the next operation.
7. Be responsible for keeping his/her work area neat and clean.
8. Be responsible at times for learning to set up and operate new equipment.
9. Be required at times to assist others in set up and operation procedures.
Certified Technical School Graduate
Must pass Precision Machinist 1st Class aptitude / knowledge examination.
Works in conjunction with the area Process Improvement Team and the Fabrication Coordinator.
Elmet Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer