Get new similar jobs by email for
Principal Firmware Engineer (4...
QLogic, a leading supplier of high performance storage networking solutions, simplifies the process of networking storage by providing the only end-to-end SAN infrastructure in the industry. QLogic builds solutions based on all storage network technologies including Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and FCoE/Ethernet.
We have immediate need for a Principal Firmware Engineer in our Aliso Viejo location. In this position you will perform research and/or development assignments which are difficult and complex requiring advanced technical knowledge and experience.
1. Participates in the analysis, planning, definition, and specification of proposed systems and/or products.
2. Provides technical direction to the design, specification, solutions, and development of complex systems, software programs, products components or circuits.
3. Participates in the technical review/evaluation of various projects/programs and may present formal presentations.
4. Coordinates the technical design activity with other Engineers to ensure consistent and integrated approaches across projects/programs.
5. Proposes ideas and submits recommendations for Intellectual Property (patent) applications when nature of work assignment has innovative content.
6. Maintains patent log book to support Intellectual Property activities.
7. Maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work. Prepares status, technical, and management reports as required.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, or the equivalent in training and experience, and a minimum of 10+ years related experience.
PCI/PCI-X/PCI Express required.
C, C++, Assembly Language also required.
Chip level debug/testing required.
SCSI/Fibre Channel/Ethernet experience as well as Storage Hard Drive or Tape Drive strongly desired.
Founded in 1994, QLogic Corporation (Nasdaq QLGC) is a leading provider of data, server, and storage networking infrastructure solutions QLogic is focused on the predictability and consistency of infrastructure—a key requirement of application owners. Using a protocol-agnostic approach, QLogic provides end-to-end, integrated solutions that address the broad networking spectrum. The company’s leadership in technology integration, maturity of software stack, and advantage in time to-market make it the top choice to address I/O requirements in a virtualized world. Channel partners and leading OEMs, such as Cisco, Dell, EMC, HP, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, NetApp, and Oracle, rely on QLogic adapters switches, routers, and ASICs for their data, storage, and server networking solutions.
With headquarters in Aliso Viejo, (Orange County) CA, QLogic is a NASDAQ Global Select company. Fiscal 2013 revenues (FY13 ended March 31, 2013) were $484.5M. The company employs over 1100 people globally and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.