Process Control Engineer – Hampton Springs, FL
This is a direct-hire opportunity which offers full-benefits, growth potential, a competitive salary package, 401K, and relocation assistance as needed.
If you are qualified for the position and interested in pursuing it, please answer the questions posed at the end of the description and remember to please email a copy of your Word.doc formatted resume.
We are seeking a Process Control Engineer to work in a stable and growing manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will join the process control group and offer demonstrated experience providing support and leading continuous improvement efforts on a companywide basis. This person will also be responsible for providing process control and technical leadership while supporting the manufacturing organization to improve plant production, safety, cost, quality and reliability results. Essential duties will include designing, maintaining and improving process control systems.
· Works with an engineering team which designs and brings into operation new facilities and applies new technology to the improvement of existing equipment, processes and products.
· Ensures that the process is adequately controlled throughout the range of operating conditions.
· Leads the electrical and instrumentation portion of projects from feasibility studies and design through post start-up optimization.
· Ensures that electrical and instrument project scope meets plant and industry standards.
· Responsible for working with process and project engineers to determine process configuration and to influence selection and sizing of major process equipment to insure process controllability.
· Responsible for developing control system strategies. This includes selecting the physical variables to control, manipulate and measure, and determining the proper control algorithms.
· Leads the selection of measurement principles and devices, including transmitters, controllers and control valves, etc., based on both performance and economic criteria.
· Organizes and presents both formal and informal meetings and discussions with internal customers on capital project planning, feasibility studies, project status and design reviews.
· Individual has responsibility for further developing technical mastery through company and industry sponsored technical courses, training programs and personal interest.
· Education – BS or MS in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or other Engineering degrees / technical disciplines
· Experience – Five to ten years process control application in continuous and batch processes in heavy industry (Chemical, Oil, Pulp/Paper) and a proven track record of accomplishments
· Skills – Applying Honeywell TDC3K and/or Experion for process control levels 1, 2 & 3
· Designs logic & control systems for DCS or PLC from conceptual to implementation
· Represents process control on major projects or implements/manages process control projects individually
· Handles multiple responsibilities well and eager to take on more
· Enthusiastic about process control in heavy industry and a desire to continue on that career path
IF INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED PLEASE ANSWER THE BELOW QUESTIONS WHEN APPLYING:
1. Why are you looking for a new position? What is motivating your career search at this point?
2. Are you comfortable commuting to the Hampton Springs, FL (32347) area? If not, are you open to relocating?
3. If you need to relocate - How soon can you (realistically) do so? (IE: home to sell, children in school, spouse who works, etc?)
4. What are you salary requirements in order to make a move?
5. What are you currently (or most currently) earning?
6. Do you possess the required experience with Experion and/or Honeywell TDC3K DCS?
Please email your WORD resume, salary requirements and answers to the above questions to:
Your resume will be held with strict confidence and will NEVER be forwarded to any of our clients without your permission.
If you are NOT interested or unqualified, please send us a referral. This is an immediate and urgent need for our valued client and therefore, we are offering a $1000.00 refer-a-friend fee to anyone who leads us to a candidate who is hired for this position.
HireSource recruiters are dedicated to working with the finest technical professionals throughout the country. We know the market. We know the hiring managers. We have the knowledge, resources, and contacts to make your search more complete and efficient. Whether you are looking for more opportunity, a shorter commute, better benefits, or a higher salary, we’re the best chance there is to uncovering that position you never even knew was available.