Levlad, LLC is a contract manufacturer of cosmetic and OTC personal care products. Based in Chatsworth, CA, Levlad is a part of the 800 million dollar Nautral Products Group which is also comprised of Arbonne International, LLC and Nature's Gate
The Process Engineer reports to the Director of Quality Assurance and Quality Control. The primary responsibility of this position is to drive on-going process improvements through continuous activities as well as capital projects.
1. Work in close cooperation and collaboration with Production, R&D, Maintenance and Quality departments.
2. Develop, review, revise, and maintain batch sheets, standard operating conditions, and SOPs for all current production processes.
3. Direct and support all validation activities to include PV, and IQ/OQ/PQ equipment qualifications.
4. Participate in the investigation and resolution of all production related incidents.
5. Provide engineering support to product introduction initiatives that utilize existing and new processes.
6. Provide input into the evaluation of new equipment and instrumentation capable of providing improved operation efficiency and reduced downtime.
7. Develop and support Operations scale-up projects and technical transfer initiatives.
8. Analyze root cause of recurring equipment/instrumentation problems and recommend appropriate permanent solutions.
9. Maintain and expand knowledge of the latest process industry’s technologies.
10. Facilitate a continuous improvement culture within the Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality environments.
11. Comply with Health, Safety, and Environmental responsibilities for the position.
1. Bachelor degree in chemistry or chemical engineering discipline.
2. Minimum 3 to 5 years of hands-on process engineering experience in OTC cosmetics or pharmaceutical industry with direct involvement in validations.
3. In-depth knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices.
4. Must be hands-on, results oriented individual with demonstrated technical ability.
5. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Strong written and communication skills
7. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and process simulation modeling.
1. Experience with liquid filling operations.
2. Experience with batch processes.