The Process Engineer is responsible for initiating and coordinating manufacturing process improvements.
Nature & Scope
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, this position performs as a team member on various plant project process improvement teams and is accountable for the analysis, preparation, implementation and integration of value plans to reduce costs, eliminate bottlenecks and streamline the manufacturing process. This position has no direct reports but does provide technical guidance and instruction to technicians and equipment operators.
Specific Job Duties
· Investigate, prepare, implement, and integrate contributed value plans based on forecasted needs of business.
· Prepare, implement, and integrate programs to reduce manufacturing costs, optimize quality, reduce scrap, improve cycles, minimize inventories and investments in facilities and/or evaluate project feasibility for new or major revisions of existing facilities.
· Determine and specify processes, methods, tools, equipment and controls for manufacture consistent with obtaining and maintaining optimal costs, quality, scrap, cycles, inventories, and investments in facilities.
· Actively search for, and keep up-to-date, new manufacturing technologies, and aggressively evaluate and report on all manufacturing opportunities which will meet department and plant’s objectives and goals.
· Develop specify and provide engineering assistance to standardize tools and equipment.
· Provide operating instructions, systems and consultation to production and maintenance personnel to assure integration of programs for efficient operation.
· Prepare capital requests for facilities and projects.
· Provide input into investment and expense budgets for additional, modification or deletion of equipment.
· Assist with identification of environmental issues and recommended modifications to equipment/process to maintain facility compliance.
· Assist with testing of raw materials, work-in-process and finished products as required.
· Ensure planned process improvements meet quality requirements. Work with Quality personnel to monitor the production process.
· Assist with supervision of the maintenance department as required.
· Investigate ideas for process improvement techniques and implementation strategies.
· Coordinates outside vendors/trainers who may be called upon to assist in the training and development of process improvement skills for manufacturing management. Position located in the manufacturing plant.
· Good team player, ability to coach, mentor and influence
· Project management skills to deliver results
· Ability to implement a plan and develop necessary support at all levels of the organization
· Good interpersonal, listening and presentation skills.
· Ability to take new ideas and design an effective solution and then train others to assure successful implementation and ongoing improvement results.
· Quick study; can learn new ideas, concepts and skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical but will consider Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc…….
MUST HAVE A FOUR YEAR DEGREE OR PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, THANK YOU.
· 2-3 years engineering experience in manufacturing
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Familiarity with six sigma and lean manufacturing principles