Get new similar jobs by email for
Spare Parts/Procurement Coordi...
Wilhelmsen Maritime Services (WMS) is a leading maritime service provider offering a wide range of products and services delivered through the world’s largest dedicated maritime network. Our customers operate within the maritime and offshore sectors and consist of shipyards, owners, operators and managers.
Wilhelmsen Ships Service’s (WSS), a business area within WMS, primary focus is to deliver improved vessel operating efficiency to the merchant fleet.
WSS comprises the world's leading maritime services network, with the capability to serve 2,200 ports in 116 countries.We offer a comprehensive range of standardised services, backed by a global service and logistics organisation to meet customer requirements for quality, availability and cost. The Americas region is covered through 34 offices across North, Central and South America with regionalfunctions in Pasadena, TX.
Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
Location: Pasadena, TX
Purpose: Responsible for the sourcing of goods and services, vendor management and customer assistance (directly or through internal departments).
· Required to function as their own profit-center. They are responsible for generating profit, maximizing savings and identifying new sources of income.
· Process fulfilment of customer driven quotes and orders
· Provide technical support to CS and customers on EDP and NS items
· Provide local sourcing support for SEF and Supply Chain purchases
· Overview and management of local purchases OPEX, Good and Services Sold
· Local management of assigned vendors (normally by product group)
· Maintaining and monitoring “L” local number product registrations
· Assist Strategic Procurement and Supply Chain as required
· Assuring local purchasers are in compliance of WSS protocols
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Ability to work on own initiative and in a team
· Good command of English language, both written and spoken
· Intermediate computer competence and experience in Microsoft Office applications
· Systematic and accurate
· Time management and prioritization skills
· The broad scope of the position is best learned on the job.
· Marine experience (practical or trading)
· Accounting or business background
· Technical experience in one or more Business Unit area
Wilhelmsen Ships Service is part of Wilhelmsen Maritime Services AS, a Wilh. Wilhelmsen group company.
Share our vision through a rewarding career in Wilhelmsen Ships Service.
This position will be eligible for a competitive benefits package, including major medical, dental, sick/personal, vacation, and other great company benefits.
If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as pre-employment verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. EOE
Keywords: maritime, shipping, transportation, coast, guard, ship, sea, marine, nautical, navigation, mariner