Get new similar jobs by email for
Product Development Sourcing,T...
The sourcing, testing and QC manager is responsible for sourcing factories, gathering quotes and initial cost calculations on all Stephen Joseph Gift/Custom projects import items. Cross checks and tracks with Purchasing Manager that all PO’s on new items are placed and meet our established shipping deadlines.
Responsible for all phases of product testing (initial test submissions to tracking all test phases and posting test certificates on SJ web site by established deadlines. Manages all phase of quality control (including direct communication and coordination with our China QC & PD team) to maintain the high SJ product quality standards. Including the review of all product packaging.
Must work in our corporate office in Lubbock, Texas.
Role and Responsibilities
· Source factories, gathers quotes, calculates cost/margins, negotiates for best price/quality on all overseas products to determine which factories we will use to produce items.
· Create item numbers for all new Stephen Joseph products.
· Create UPC numbers for new SJ items.
· Tracks progress of factory orders to insure the factory will meet deadlines and ship on time.
· Keep track of PO files/sending PO’s to accounting for wire payment on new SJ items.
· Enter products into inventory as received.
· Reviews all SJ hangtags, logos, packaging and displays to maintain brand integrity.
· Manages all phases of SJ product testing and quality control. To maintain and improve overall SJ product quality to meet our established quality standards.
· Work with sales on all phases of custom/key account/international orders.
· Communicate daily with factories regarding shipping, pricing, defective problems/QC issues and factory charge backs.
Qualifications/Skills and Education Requirements
· Experience or knowledge of sourcing/importing from overseas, costing/PO/purchasing procedures.
· Computer skills – able to work with various reports in AACPAC - Excel
· Strong oral and written communication skills for working with overseas factories and in house staff
· Strong organizational skills and able to multi task many projects and issues on a daily basis
· Undergraduate degree
· Experience and Knowledge with product testing/quality control
· Knowledge and understanding of all phases of product development
· Strong negotiation and problem solving skills required